We love welcoming you all to our amazing island but besides making your experience as enjoyable as possible, the health and well being of all our lovely guests and our valuable team has always been our top priority. Today, as the world comes to terms with an unprecedented health crisis, these values are more important to us than ever. Following the decisions and directions of the World Health Organisation and the National Health Organisation, we have postponed all our tours and transfers until the 30th of June 2020 in order to contain the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19. Until we can open our doors wide to welcome the world again, we are preparing for your future holiday so that when the time is right, we’ll be here to offer you our warmest welcome to Corfu. In the meantime, we wanted to give you an update about the status of the Coronavirus pandemic in Greece and share what we are doing here at Blue Tours to support you and your travel plans
The Covid-19 Pandemic in Greece
Greece’s handllng of Covid-19 pandemic has widely been considered very effective. Our government has applied severe social distancing measures at a very early stage which have resulted in ''flattening the curve'' and keeping the pandemic under control. This swift reaction has helped our country avoid the tragic healthcare crisis that other states have faced. Greece's effective response to this unprecedented health crisis has received praise by international media, including: The New York Times, Bloomberg, Wall Street Journal, The Guardian and ITV. Now, following weeks of lockdown, Greece has started a gradual reopening of services in the country, with the aim of having hotels operational by July.
How many coronavirus cases are there in Corfu? Is it safe to travel to Corfu in 2020?
In Corfu, there have only been 5 confirmed Coronavirus cases with the last being recorded on the 21st of April of 2020. For this reason, various travel websites have included our island in their list of the top safe holiday destinations for 2020.
How we at Blue Tours are reacting to this unprecedented crisis
- The private nature of our tours and transfers
Our tours and transfers have always been private by definition allowing our guests to discover Corfu at their own pace in our small, comfortable minivans with only a driver and local guide (as an option). Our activities allow families and friends to explore Corfu together in a secluded, private sphere, away from the crowds, focusing on less visited areas like small, peaceful villages.
- Increased Precautionary measures of personal hygiene
We are monitoring the information that becomes available about Covid-19 and are closely adhering to guidance from the major official sources, while we will be implementing a sanitation protocol on all our vehicles for this summer enforcing appropriate measures including:
- All vehicles are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each ride, including but not limited to, touched objects and surfaces such as handles, seat belts, air vents, buttons, armrests and luggage compartment using a disinfecting wipe and spray.
- Antiseptic hand gel is provided by your driver and all travellers will be asked to use it before you board.
- Our drivers wear a mask and have been asked to avoid the courtesy of a handshake
- Some amenities have been removed, such as travel magazines, travel maps from the seat-back pockets and any other physical material, which is not sealed and for one use only, sharing between passengers and driver. Antiseptic hand gel available in all vehicles.
- Strictly enforced rules about the personal hygiene of on-site staff based on the protective measures against COVID-19 recommended by WHO, such as hand hygiene, physical distancing, and continuous health checks to ensure the good health of the staff employed on the premises.
- In accordance with instructions by Greek Government, the occupancy of our buses will be a maximum 50%
- Book Now, Pay on the Day
We understand that flexibility is very important for travellers at the moment and we have introduced a ''Book Now, Pay on the Day policy'', which allows travellers to book a tour for anytime in the future and pay on the day of the experience.This new feature is another crucial step forward in providing our guests with the flexibility to keep your plans flexible.
How can I protect myself from Covid-19
The World Health Organisation website contains a very useful Q&A Section here as well as some useful ‘Mythbusters’ corroborating or denying any claims regarding the virus that are unduly worrying people. we encourage you to check with the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), or local government authorities for more information.. You can also find links to additional resources on Tripadvisor.
As, there is currently no vaccine against COVID-19, please see below some things you can do to help fight the spread of COVID-19. The WHO recommends:
- Washing your hands regularly with an alcohol-based sanitizer, or with soap and water.
- Maintaining distance of at least 1 metre (3 feet) between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Seeking medical care immediately if you are showing symptoms
- Avoid touching your face: eyes, nose and mouth.
We hope that the above answers some of the questions. Here at Blue Tours, organising your fantastic experience, your way, is at the heart of everything that we do and that will never change. We are here to help you firstname.lastname@example.org .We wish you and your family to stay healthy and safe!
When the time comes, we’ll be here to give you our warmest welcome to Corfu!